Wednesday, 4 March 2009

Intruder Alert

Last Thursday, around 9pm, some random guy entered my room without knocking. Mandy and I were in my room after dinner doing our ISE project when I heard the the doorknob turn. Before I knew it, some Scottish guy poked his head in, and when he saw my shocked face, he fumbled an excuse about my flatmate, Mikio. He quickly asked me where he was and what time he will be back, and when I called Mikio (who was in the kitchen, next to my room), he told me he didn't know the guy either. I went back to my room and called Quianna, my friend on the 6th floor and she told me to call security right away in case he is someone of "suspicious character". Five minutes passed and then Quianna called me again because her flatmate saw the same guy in their kitchen and even stole his water! Anyway, we called the security office in Pollock Halls which is a good 15minutes away. So of course, by the time they got here, the guy already got away. It's really ridiculous how we don't have our own 24 hour security guards here. I mean, I get it, the crime rate in this country is pretty low. But that is just unacceptable considering the amount of rent we have to pay every month. What if he was had a gun?! What if he was incredibly drunk and decided to kill me? Or Mikio? Or Glen? And of course, it had to happen to me on a night before 3 hand-ins. I cannot believe my luck sometimes.

4 comments:

  1. scary naman 'to ida! bakit di mo ginamit ung "kick-punch" tactics mo??

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! kasi i didn't realize he was a creeper until i called my friend. next time nalng ung kick-punch. :) haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg! idamae?! dont you have a lock or something?!?! maybe have an extra one, two or maybe three instead. at least your other flatmates were home. id be soo freaked out if it was just me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha you're so paranoid kenx. well i just came from the kitchen then that's why my door was locked. and yeah, i was really freaked out. it was a good thing i got an extension for all of my stuff due the following day too.

    ReplyDelete